Become a Member
Got To Be NC and
Savor NC on the menu
The Got To Be NC program is the official marketing program for the NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. The primary goal of the program is to assist in the promotion of North Carolina Agriculture as a whole and increasing the visibility of NC products by working with growers and companies that produce NC agricultural products. Through retail and foodservice marketing assistance, as well as, event marketing, special promotions and advertising campaigns focusing on awareness, Got To Be NC can assist companies in their pursuit of reaching the consumer.
Savor NC on the Menu is the restaurant branding component that creates awareness of NC product and ingredient options available to the food service sector and allows the Savor NC brand to showcase a restaurant's support of the mission to source, purchase, prepare and promote local North Carolina products and ingredients on their menus.
Got To Be NC works with large and small growers and companies alike. Startups and established businesses are a part of the almost 3,000 member organization with a range of products from fresh farm crops and meats to processed items like salsas and beverages. If you are interested in becoming a member of the program with an established, market ready product, please visit our Membership Criteria section for a list of eligibility requirements. If you are a new business with a new product idea, please use the links below for more information about developing a product for market.
If you feel your farm, company, and/or product fit the criteria for membership please see the Prospective Got to Be NC Member Information Packet for more information and details on how to join.
Got To Be NC Guide to Developing Processed Foods
• Is your product safe, shelf stable and pH balanced?
• NC State Food Science Departments Getting Started in a Food Business
• What information is required on my label?
• Can someone inspect my label for accuracy?
• Who do I call to get my kitchen inspected?
• How do I determine the legal weight of my product to report on the label?
• How do I get a UPC code?
• Prospective Got to Be NC Member Information Packet
• Food Processing Sources, Foodservice Distributors and Grocers for Condiment Producers
• Detailed Got to Be NC and Savor NC Application Instructions