Cook Time: Prep time: 25 minutes; Total time: 25 minutes
Meal Type: Entree
NC Ingredients: Chicken, peanuts, honey, peanut butter, zucchini, carrots, cabbage, eggs, cilantro
lb. chopped chicken
tbsp. olive oil
tsp. chili garlic sauce
tbsp. rice wine vinegar
tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
tbsp. peanut butter
medium zucchini, sliced thin or in a spiral cut (about 1 cup)
medium carrots sliced thin or in a spiral cut (about 1 cup)
cup pad Thai stir-fry noodles cooked
cup bean sprouts (optional)
cup cabbage thinly sliced
cup unsalted peanuts, crushed
freshly ground pepper
coarse sea salt
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Place in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cornstarch; toss to thoroughly coat.
- Heat olive oil in large non-stick skillet over medium high heat and once the oil is hot, add the coated chicken in an even layer (tapping off any excess cornstarch before adding).
- Cook, without stirring, 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- Leaving any browned bits in the pan, transfer to a plate. Set aside and keep warm.
- In small bowl, whisk together, honey, chili garlic sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce, peanut butter, and water to make sauce.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and once hot, add the beaten eggs. Scramble the eggs, breaking them into small pieces with a spatula as they cook.
- Add zucchini, carrots, pre-cooked rice noodles, and chicken back to the pan, pour sauce over and toss to coat.
- Toss in bean sprouts and cabbage: Cook 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Serve with lime wedge, crushed peanuts and cilantro.