Cook Time: Prep time: 15 minutes; Total time: 25 minutes
Meal Type: Entree
NC Ingredients: Shrimp, tomato, parsley, sweet peppers
cup fregola sarda pasta or acini di pepe pasta
tbsp. plus 4 tsp. olive oil
cup grape tomatoes, halved
cup sweet peppers, thinly sliced lengthwise then crosswise
cup red onion, finely chopped
lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
cup Kalamata olives, chopped
lemons (1/4 cup juice) plus serve with wedges
tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
cup English cucumber, diced
oz. fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepper to taste
- Add the pasta to the pot of boiling water and cook 14 to 16 minutes, or until al dente (slightly firm to the bite). Drain thoroughly and return to the pot. Set aside in a warm place.
- In a medium nonstick pan, heat 2 tsp. olive oil on medium-high until hot.
- Add the tomatoes, peppers and onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 4 minutes, or until softened and fragrant.
- Transfer to a place; season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside in a warm place. Wipe out the pan.
- Pat the shrimp dry and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat 2 tsp. olive oil on medium-high until hot. Arrange shrimp in pan; cook 2 ½ minutes on each side or until done.
- Add cooked shrimp to your vegetables leaving any browned bits (or fond) in the pan.
- To the pan of reserved fond, add the 2 Tbsp. olive oil, butter, olives, ¼ cup lemon juice and oregano.
- Cook on medium-high, stirring constantly and scraping up any fond from the bottom of the pan, 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until thoroughly combined and the butter has melted.
- To the pot of cooked pasta add the cooked vegetables and shrimp, parsley, and the sauce. Stir to combine. Then stir in the diced cucumber and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the salad among 2 plates. Garnish with parmesan cheese and serve with lemon wedges.