Cook Time: Prep time: 40 minutes; Total time: 1 hour
Meal Type: Dessert
NC Ingredients: Peanuts, honey
cup unsalted butter, melted
oz. Phyllo dough, thawed as directed on package
cup finely chopped peanuts
cup mini chocolate chips
tbsp. peanut butter
mini peanut butter cups for garnish
To make the baklava:
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Grease and line a 9×13 baking dish with Parchment Paper.
- Combine the nut mixture and set aside.
- Unroll Phyllo dough, cover with wax paper and a damp cloth.
- Place a sheet of Phyllo in dish, brush with melted butter, repeat until you have a stack of 5 sheets. Sprinkle 2/3 cup of nut mixture.
- Repeat process 2 more times ending with 5 sheets brushed with butter.
- Trim edges of phyllo and cut through all layers in a diamond shape.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes until brown.
To make the syrup:
- While baklava bakes, prepare the syrup mixture. Place sugar, water and cinnamon stick in a small pan.
- Boil 5 minutes, remove from heat, remove cinnamon stick and add honey, vanilla and peanut butter.
- Pour syrup over the hot Baklava. Let cool then place mini peanut butter cups on each slice.