Cook Time: Prep time: 20 minutes; Total time: 1 hour
Meal Type: Entree
NC Ingredients: Pork, Brussel sprouts, bacon, apple, pecan, feta
lb. Brussel sprouts
cup plus 1 tbsp. olive oil
cup plus 1 tbsp. maple syrup
cup extra-virgin olive oil
cup pure maple syrup
tbsp. apple cider vinegar
tsp. finely grated orange zest
tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
oz. container arugula
apple, sliced thin
cup pecan, chopped and toasted
cup feta, crumbled
salt and pepper to taste
- Pat pork chops dry, season with salt and pepper; grill until desired doneness.
- Cook bacon and reserve bacon drippings.
- Trim Brussel sprouts, cut in half or ¼ and toss with bacon drippings, olive oil, 1 Tbsp. maple syrup, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet in a preheated 400 degree oven and roast for 20 minutes, stirring half-way though.
- While the Brussel sprouts are roasting, make the dressing. Whisk together ¼ cup olive oil, ¼ cup maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, orange zest, orange juice, salt and pepper.
- Place arugula on 2 plates, top with apple, crumbled bacon, pecans, and pork. Drizzle with dressing; garnish with feta and serve.