New program – Order Your Cooking with the Chefs Box! While the annual N.C. Seafood Festival will not be held this year, consumers will be able to show their support for the seafood industry with a new program developed in collaboration with Got To Be NC, the Produce Box and festival organizers.
Cooking with the Chefs gives participants the chance to prepare one of four available meal kits virtually with the assistance of accomplished chefs from across the state. Each meal kit includes a recipe, fresh North Carolina produce, artisan Got To Be NC products, and information on where to purchase fresh N.C. seafood, plus a link to watch a video of the chef prepare their dish each week of October.
Consumers may purchase all four boxes or just their favorite by placing their order at the N.C. Seafood Festival website. A donation will be made to the education endeavors of North Carolina seafood with the purchase of each box.
Order your Cooking With The Chefs Box today! This first-time virtual experience will afford an opportunity for customers to purchase an ingredient box that has been crafted by four top North Carolina chefs. The featured chefs include:
- Week of October 5
- Chef Keith Rhodes – Catch
- Order by September 17
- Carolina Crab Cakes with a Tarragon-Pink Peppercorn and Texas Pete Aioli
- Week of October 12
- Chef Bobby Zimmerman – True Blue Butcher & Table
- Order by September 24
- North Carolina Grouper Escabeche with Olives, Baby Potatoes, and Cider Vinaigrette. PLUS Crispy North Carolina Grouper Skewers
- Week of October 19
- Chef Zack Gragg – Locals Oyster Bar
- Order by October 1
- Grilled North Carolina Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Ginger Sauce, North Carolina Miso, and Marinated Local Vegetables
- Week of October 26
- Chef Jeremiah Tryon – Blue Ocean Market
- Order by October 9
- Bronzed Jamaican Jerk Spiced North Carolina Flounder with North Carolina Peach Salsa
A recipe and video will be released each week of October. Order all four boxes or just your favorite…but act fast! Click for more details and order today! Make sure to visit these North Carolina seafood and aquaculture companies today!