Taste of the Fair Recipe Contest. With the cancellation of state fairs across the Southeast this year, we invite you to join The Dairy Alliance for our Taste of the Fair recipe competition to bring the state fair feeling to your home this fall. Grab the family and head to the kitchen to whip up your favorite dairy-centric recipe that reminds you of the state fair, using milk, cheese, yogurt and more!
Submit your recipe for a chance to win not a ribbon, but instead a grand prize and the chance to be featured in “The Dairy Alliance Taste of the Fair” recipe booklet, which will be the featured item at the 2021 state fair.
To enter the contest and for more information, please fill out the submission form or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email address, phone number, state you reside in, recipe, and recipe photo.
Rules to Enter
- An entered recipe must include at least 8 oz of fluid milk and one other dairy product as ingredients.
- Submissions must include an ingredient list, an instruction list, and a photo or video of the finished product to be considered.
- Participants must live in one of the following states: Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, or Virginia.
- Contest runs September 14 – October 16, 2020.
- Judging is based on the creativity and innovation of dairy products used in a fair-flavored recipe.
- One grand prize winner will be awarded a Cuisinart ice cream maker, various ice cream accessories, an ice cream recipe book, a grocery store gift card, a Get More with Milk chef’s apron, and other The Dairy Alliance branded items for your kitchen.
- Two recipes per each qualifying state will be featured in “The Dairy Alliance Taste of the Fair” recipe booklet in 2021, with those selected winners receiving a The Dairy Alliance branded gift bag.
THE WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON OCTOBER 23, 2020.
Below are some delicious ideas to get you started on your Taste of the Fair Recipe Contest submissions. Check out these local North Carolina Dairy products and companies.
- Glazed Peach Handpies with Ice Cream
- S’mores Crepes
- Soft Pretzel Bites with Dipping Sauces
- Cotton Candy Milkshake
- Whipped Funnel Cake Latte
- Frozen Lemonade Smoothie
- Yogurt-Dipped Churros
- Buttered Popcorn Ice Cream
- Cheesy Corndogs
- Loaded Taco Fries