Cook Time: Prep time: 15 minutes; Total time: 30 minutes
Meal Type: Entree
NC Ingredients: Butternut squash, chicken, honey, salad greens, blue cheese, pear, pecans
tsp. olive oil
oz. container of pre-cubed butternut squash
tsp. Garlic Herb seasoning
tbsp. chicken broth
tbsp. balsamic vinegar
cup olive oil
oz. container of mixed salad greens
cup crumbled blue cheese
cup toasted whole pecans
salt and pepper to taste
To make the squash:
- Place baking sheet in oven and preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Remove pan and stir together 2 tsp. olive oil and 1 T. butter.
- Add squash, season with salt and pepper – stir to combine.
- Roast squash for 20 minutes, set aside to cool.
To make the chicken:
- While squash is roasting, pat chicken dry with a paper towel. Then season both sides with garlic herb seasoning.
- Grill chicken until done throughout.
To make the dressing:
- In a small saucepan, heat 4 T. chicken broth, 2 T. honey, 2 T. balsamic vinegar.
- Heat to a boil and then reduce heat and let simmer until reduced by half.
- Season with salt and pepper; place in blender and slowly add olive oil to create a dressing.
To make the salad:
- Place salad greens on 2 plates, top with blue cheese, pear, pecans, and chicken; drizzle with dressing and serve.